Dancing Around Town
Central Florida Dance Locations
The Orlando Chapter of USA Dance (a non-profit, all-volunteer organization) does not recommend any particular dance venue or club. This is a list by genre of public dance venues in the Central Florida area that USA Dance is aware of, as of March 2015. (Does not include most nightclubs, because of space, smoke, and security issues.) Dance schedules often change, so call ahead to be sure.)
Ballroom Dances - A mix of all partner dances
- Orlando Chapter of USA Dance hosts a monthly themed ballroom dance party third Friday evenings each month at the Bahia Shrine Ballroom, 2300 Pembrook Dr., Orlando. 7:30 pm lesson, 8 pm dancing. 407-831-3680.
- Longwood Ballroom644 Central Florida Parkway, Longwood hosts ballroom dances on certain Friday nights 8 pm.
- Pro Instructor, Nannette Sweet hosts monthly: "First Saturday Public Dance Fun" one Saturday per month, 8 pm, at the First Christian Church, 2565 E. Kaley St., Orlando; Ballroom dance at Salsa Heat Dance Studio on 3rd Sundays 4-8pm. Cash bar. 386- 532-2624 http://www.nannettesballroomdance.com/
- Pro Instructor, Mark Arnott hosts ballroom dances at various locations. 407-346-4790.
Tony Santos hosts ballroom dances on the last Saturday each month, 7 pm at Beardall Senior Center, 800 Delaney Street, Orlando 407-246-2637.
- Pro Instructors, Mark Arnott and Nannette Sweet host a Formal ballroom dance quarterly on Saturdays at Maitland Civic Center,641 S. Maitland Ave, Maitland, 7:15-11pm. Cash bar. 386-532-2624. http://www.nannettesballroomdance.com/
- Swing Knights at UCF , mostly Lindy-style swing, DanzForce Extreme, 11602 Lake Underhill Rd, Orlando,
every Friday 9 pm - Midnight, Beginner Lesson 8:30 - 9 pm, cost $5. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orlando Swing Dance hosts lindy-style swing dances 2nd and fourth Saturdays at Whirl & Twirl, 6949 Venture Circle, east Orlando 7pm. www.orlandoswingdance.com
- Beardall Big Band Dance, (mostly seniors attending) - Beardall Senior Center, 800 S. Delaney at Gore St. 4th Wednesdays, 7:30 pm. 407-246-2637 .
- Downtown Dance Studio 309 South Washington Avenue, Titusville holds public West Coast Swing dances 4th Fridays
of the month. 321-383-4083 www.downtowndance.us
- Floorplay Dance Club hosts West Coast Swing dances 3rd Saturdays, 8 pm at Whirl & Twirl Dance Club, 6949 Venture Circle, Orlando. 386-756-7606. www.floorplayswing.com
- Beach Boppers of Orlando hosts swing/shag dancing Wednesdays and Sundays, 7 pm at Post Time Lounge, 2500 South Highway 17-92, Longwood (at Dog Track Road)
- Straight Up West Coast Swing Dance, 2nd Fridays at Rhythm X Studio, 4081 L.B. McLeod Rd, Orlando.
- Bahhari Nights Bachata Invasion Fridays at Cuba Libre, 9101 International Dr, Orlando. 321-287-0358. www.bahhari.com
- Edmund Torres - teaches Argentine Tango at Celebrity Ballroom, hosts Milongas most Friday nights. 407-270-5936
- Universal Mambo Dance Academy Social Latin Dance 2nd & 4th Sundays 7:30pm at
2132 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando, FL 32837 321-948-8252
- Downtown Dance Studio hosts a Country Western and West Coast Swing Dance 3rd Fridays, 7:30 - 8 pm free lesson,
dancing 8 - 11 pm at the Downtown Dance Studio, 309 South Washington Avenue, Titusville, 321-383-4083
- Instructors, Shawn Swaithes and Donna Steinfeld hosts a Country Western Dance 1st Saturdays 7:30 - 8 pm free
lesson, dancing 8 - 11:30 pm at Whirl and Twirl, 6949 Venture Circle, Orlando. www.OrangeBlossomDance.net
- The Barn hosts country/swing dancing Friday nights after Don & Dre's lessons, 7 pm, 1200 South French Ave., Sanford
Senior Dances - attended primarily by seniors with live band music
There are seniors' ballroom dances on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, and a Latin dance on
1st Saturday evenings, at Mark Street Senior Recreation Center
(Orange County facility) , 99 E. Marks St. at Magnolia Ave., just north of downtown Orlando. www.bellesandbeausdance.com
Saturday and Thursday evenings, and 4th Wednesday evenings at Beardall Senior Center (City of Orlando facility), 800 S. Delaney Ave., at Gore St. just south of downtown Orlando.
Monday nights 7 pm at St. Cloud Community Center , 3101 17th Street in St. Cloud.
- Longwood Sun Dancers 7-9:30pm every Sunday at Longwood Elementary School, 840 N. Orange Ave, Longwood.
Nearby USA Dance Chapter Dances
- Blue Springs Chapter, 1st Sundays, 5:30-8:30 pm, Chisholm CommunityCenter, 520 South Clara Ave. Deland.
- Greater Daytona Chapter, 2nd and 4th Saturday nights, 7-10 pm, Gold Star Ballroom, South Daytona, FL. http://greaterdaytonachapter.org
- Lake County Chapter, 1st and3rd Thursdays, 7-10 pm, Venetian Gardens Community Center, Leesburg.
- Southern Star Chapter, 2nd Wednesdays, 7:30 pm, Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa. http://southernstarusabda.org
- Space Coast Chapter, 1st Saturdays, Melbourne Ballroom. Contact: