DANCIN' AROUND TOWN
Central Florida Dance Locations
The Orlando Chapter of USA Dance (a non-profit, all-volunteer organization) does not recommend any particular dance venue or club. This is a list by genre of public dance venues in the Central Florida area that USA Dance is aware of, as of September 2013 (Does not include most nightclubs, because of space, smoke, and security issues.) Dance schedules often change, so call ahead to be sure.)
Ballroom Dances - A mix of all the partner dances
- Orlando Chapter of USA Dance hosts a monthly themed ballroom dance party third Friday evenings each month at the Bahia Shrine Ballroom, 2300 Pembrook Dr., Orlando. 7:30 pm lesson, 8 pm dancing. 407-831-3680.
- Dance Club of Central Florida has social ballroom dancing with 2 lessons, 3:30 pm Sundays at City of Casselberry Secret Lake Park Recreation Center, 200 North Triplet Lake Drive, Casselberry 407-263-8593. www.danceclubofcentralflorida.com
- Longwood Ballroom644 Central Florida Parkway, Longwood hosts ballroom dances on certain Friday nights 8 pm.
- Pro Instructor, Nannette Sweet hosts monthly: "First Saturday Public Dance Fun" one Saturday per month, 8 pm, at the First Christian Church, 2565 E. Kaley St., Orlando; Ballroom dance at Salsa Heat Dance Studio on 3rd Sundays 4-8pm, followed by a Salsa Dance 8-11pm by Salsa Heat. Cash bar. 386- 532-2624 http://nannettedance.com/
- Pro Instructor, Julius Dumapit, hosts public ballroom dances periodically 7 pm, at the Renaissance Senior Center, 3800 S. Econ Trail, Orlando. 407-690-9991.
- Pro Instructor, Mark Arnott hosts the "Tea House Dance" 2-5 pm on 2nd Sundays each month at the Elite Ballroom in the Holistic Options Building, 635 Primera Blvd., Lake Mary and "Hole in the Wall Ball" on 4th Sundays of each month 4-7 pm at Avalon Dance Studio, 12001 Avalon Lake Drive, Avalon Park. 407-346-4790.
- Friends of Renaissance hosts monthly ballroom dances including dinner, 5:30 pm at Renaissance Senior Center, 3800 S. Econ Trail, Orlando 407-232-0088.
- Salsa-Ballroom Dance City Island Recreational Center, Daytona Beach holds Ballroom/Latin Mix Dances on 3rd Saturday of each month, 7-11 pm, free dance lesson and dinner.www.Danceheart.net
Tony Santos hosts ballroom dances on the last Saturday each month, 7 pm at Beardall Senior Center, 800 Delaney Street, Orlando 407-246-2637.
- Pro Instructors, Mark Arnott and Nannette Sweet host a Formal ballroom dance at Maitland Civic Center,641 S. Maitland Ave, Maitland on 2nd Friday evenings each month, 7:15-11pm. Cash bar. Reservations required.
386- 532-2624 http://nannettedance.com/
- Swing Knights at UCF , mostly Lindy-style swing, UCF Ferrell Commons Auditorium, off Alafaya Trail, every Friday 9 pm - Midnight, Beginner Lesson 8:30 - 9 pm, cost $5. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Orlando Swing Dance hosts lindy-style swing dances 2nd and fourth Saturdays at Whirl & Twirl, 6949 Venture Circle, east Orlando 7pm. www.orlandoswingdance.com
- Beardall Big Band Dance, (mostly seniors attending) - Beardall Senior Center, 800 S. Delaney at Gore St. 4th Wednesdays, 7:30 pm. 407-246-2637 .
- Downtown Dance Studio 309 South Washington Avenue, Titusville holds public West Coast Swing dances 4th Fridays
of the month. 321-383-4083 www.downtowndance.us
- Floorplay Dance Club hosts West Coast Swing dances 3rd Saturdays, 8 pm at Whirl & Twirl Dance Club, 6949 Venture Circle, Orlando. 386-756-7606. www.floorplayswing.com
- Floorplay Travel Club, hosts West Coast Swing dancing every Thursday night, 7:30 - 9:30 pm, at the Why Not Lounge in Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel on Wymore Rd.
- Beach Boppers of Orlando hosts swing/shag dancing Wednesdays and Sundays, 7 pm at Post Time Lounge, 2500 South Highway 17-92, Longwood (at Dog Track Road)
- Straight Up West Coast Swing Dance, 2nd Fridays at Rhythm X Studio, 4081 L.B. McLeod Rd, Orlando.
- Salsa Heat Dance Studio sponsors Salsa and Bachata Socials each month. 407- 275-0943. www.salsaorlando.com
- Bahhari Nights Latin dances with workshops, 9 pm third Saturdays at Sovereign Dance Academy, 8060 Via Dellagio Way, Orlando. 321-287-0358. www.bahhari.com
- Essential Element Social Latin Dance, 2nd Saturdays 10pm at Rhythm X Studio, 4081 L.B. McLeod Rd, Orlando.
Argentine Tango Dances
Downtown Dance Studio
hosts a Milonga with Richard Council on Second Saturdays, 7- 8 pm (Lesson) 8-11 pm (Milonga) at the Downtown Dance Studio, 309 South Washington Avenue, Titusville. 321-383-4083 www.downtowndance.us
- Tango Class Every Friday at 7:30 pm with free practica milonga at 9:30 pm at the IDanze Studio, 8865 Commdodity Circle Suite #8, Orlando, Gyora, 407-437-5406.
- For the Love of Tango Fri. and Sat. Milongas at the Renaissance Senior Center, 3800 S. Econ Trail, Orlando 6:30 -10 pm Feb 8, April 13, June 14, Aug 10, Oct 11, Nov 8
- Downtown Dance Studio hosts a Country Western and West Coast Swing Dance 3rd Fridays, 7:30 - 8 pm free lesson,
dancing 8 - 11 pm at the Downtown Dance Studio, 309 South Washington Avenue, Titusville, 321-383-4083
- Instructors, Shawn Swaithes and Donna Steinfeld hosts a Country Western Dance 1st Saturdays 7:30 - 8 pm free
lesson, dancing 8 - 11:30 pm at Whirl and Twirl, 6949 Venture Circle, Orlando. www.orangeblossomdance.com
- The Barn hosts country/swing dancing Friday nights after Don & Dre's lessons, 7 pm, 1200 South French Ave., Sanford
Senior Dances - attended primarily by seniors with live band music
There are seniors' ballroom dances on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, and a Latin dance on 1st Saturday evenings, at Mark Street Senior Recreation Center(Orange County facility) , 99 E. Marks St. at Magnolia Ave., just north of downtown Orlando.
Saturday and Thursday evenings, and 4th Wednesday evenings at Beardall Senior Center (City of Orlando facility), 800 S. Delaney Ave., at Gore St. just south of downtown Orlando.
Monday nights 7 pm at St. Cloud Senior Center , 3010 17th Street in St. Cloud.
- Longwood Sun Dancers 7-9:30pm every Sunday at Longwood Elementary School, 840 N. Orange Ave, Longwood.
Nearby USA Dance Chapter Dances
- Blue Springs Chapter, 1st Sundays, 5:30-8:30 pm, Chisholm CommunityCenter, 520 South Clara Ave. Deland.
- Greater Daytona Chapter, 2nd and 4th Saturday nights, 7-10 pm, Silver Sands Middle School, Gym Bldg. 10, 1300 Herbert Street, Port Orange, FL. http://greaterdaytonachapter.org
- Heart of Florida Chapter, 1st Sundays, 2-5 pm, Stardust Ballroom, Plant City.
- Lake County Chapter, 2nd Fridays, 7-10 pm, Venetian Gardens Community Center, Leesburg.
- Southern Star Chapter, 2nd Wednesdays, 7:30 pm, Rhapsody Ballroom, Tampa. http://southernstarusabda.org
- Space Coast Chapter, 5th Sundays. Contact: